Apr 27, 2011

Nails of the Day: Turquoise and Caicos by Essie

It's 1 AM, I can't sleep. Might as well do a nails of the day right?

So here is Turquoise and Caicos by Essie. I bought this colour because I heard it was a dupe for "For Audrey" by China Glaze, which is a true Tiffany blue colour (China Glaze hard to find where I live). After a long search, I randomly fell on Turquoise and Caicos in a Drugstore (Shoppers Drugmart). The colour looked much greener than a Tiffany blue box in the bottle, but I have found that many of my Essie colours turn out to be a tad different than what you find in the bottle.

On my nails, it ended up as a pretty true turquoise colour. I was dissapointed! Don't get me wrong, the colour is absolutely beautiful but I was really expecting and hoping for a Tiffany blue. Even Google images show this colour being a dupe for Tiffany blue, but either they reformulated their colour or the camera couldn't catch the green in the polish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment