Apr 18, 2011

MAC Eye Shadow Dupes in 1 Palette!

 


I personally only own 10 MAC eye shadows, and the facts that I found 5 dupes out of those 10 colours in this palette is amazing. I mean, there probably are a bunch more I don't know of!

Also, don't forget that this palette costs less than 2 MAC eye shadows. Totally worth it right?

Read more for swatches!




Amber Lights

Amber Lights is a pure amber gold. It is an amazing colour to go out at night. When applied they both look exactly the same, the reason why the Coastal Scents one looks lighter is because it has more of a sheen to it. Because of the sheen, the light of my flash reflected on it more than the MAC shadow.


Woodwinked

Woodwinked is a brown with some bronze undertones. It is great for both every day and for a night out. Both the shadows look exactly the same, the only little difference is that the Coastal Scents one is a tiny bit more on the warm side, but that is only noticeable if you actually analyze the colour.


Expensive Pink

I always called Expensive Pink a neutral pink. It is a mix between a brown and a coral pink, and I feel as though all the pictures I took weren't quite able to capture that. They are both the same colour, the only difference is their finish. Expensive pink is a Veluxe Pearl, so it has a pearly finish, where as I'd say the Coastal Scents one isn't quite matte, but almost is...


Trax

Trax is a beautiful taupe toned purple. It also has some very fine gold shimmer. When I got this, I found it so unique and never though I could find a dupe for it. Well, believe it or not, I have! All I could find that was different was the pigmentation. The MAC shadow was a tad more pigmented than the Coastal Scents. Just apply a little more product and you'll get the same effect!


Satin Taupe

Oh, the one and only beloved Satin Taupe. Okay, not one and only, I found you a dupe. One thing I noticed in the picture is that the Coastal Scents colour looks a little bit more purple, but I think it was only because of the flash. On my hand & eyes, it look EXACTLY the same!

0 comments:

Post a Comment