Jan 25, 2011

O.P.I Texas Collection!!

O.P.I does it again! They are comping out with a brand new collection title "Texas". I have to give it to them; they create the most adorable and hilarious names for their nail polishes. GO MARKETING! I feel like I find myself buying some of their polishes simply because of the names. Hands down, my favorite name of the collection would be "Houston We Have a Purple". I laughed for about 5 minutes just thinking about how funny and bright that name is. Not only is the name amazing, so is the colour! Second place in the name category goes to "Too Hot Pink to Hold 'Em". I probably would not love it as much as I do if it wasn't for Lady Gaga!

Now, lets get to the real deal: the colours, because at the end of the day you are buying a nail polish for its colour right? That is if you are not an easy marketing target like I am! I feel as though if I really wanted to judge the colours properly I would have to see them and try them on myself. Since I sadly can't, atleast yet, I will talk about those that intrigue me the most from the pictures I have seen! The first colour that caught my attention at first glance was "Don't Mess With O.P.I". It's quite funny considering I have never been into the colour green, and it is definitely one of the least popular colours in my nail polish collection. This green looks like a beautiful forest green with a tone of white added to it. I actually think that if I do purchase this colour it might become one of my favorites.

Second colour? "San.Tan-tonio". recently I have been obsessed with those muddy browns, grays and beige colours. This colour fits perfectly within this category. I was totally bummed out when autumn ended and the muddy colours were out of season, but trust me, it did NOT stop me from wearing them! Although I enjoy following trends, I will follow my personal taste first!

"Austin-Tatious Turquois" is a beautiful colour, and if I had not purchased "Yodel Me On My Cell" from the Swiss Collection, I would probably be interested in buying it. Since both colours are way too similar to each other, it is not in my colours of interest :(. Now, number 3 would be "I Vant To Be A-Lone Star" since it is quite the unique colour. I always wanted to buy "Sweatheart" which is a pink-ish white, but I was never sure whether this colour would work on me. I am interested by "I Van To Be A-Lone Star" because it is a blue-ish white colour. What if one day I buy "Sweatheart" and love it? Then I'll regret not having bought this limited edition colour! I am very confused as to what I want to do about this one but it has definitely caught my attention!!

That was my top three. If I could, I would probably buy every colour, but lets just say my funds do not permit it. That's the problem with limited edition items, you want to buy everything because you are scared you'll never be able to get your hands on them again. That's why I get extremely excited when I hear about a new collection, whether it is MAC, O.P.I, or any other brand. This collection is full of great colours, and I don't think it would be possible for someone not to like at least one of these colours.

If you buy or like any colour, leave me a comment, I want to know your opinion and maybe you'll even influence me into getting the same colours as you do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment