May 20, 2011

Nails of the Day: Butter London's No More Waity, Katie


O-M-G. I cannot believe I own this nail polish. I had been dying for it. The few places that sell Butter London near me never had it. I finally ordered it on the company's online website (they have an American, a Canadian and an UK website). I can say that I was the happiest girl in Canada today when I tried it on for the first time.

Lets start off by saying that I was completely obsessed with the Royal Wedding. Once it happened, it hit me, I NEEDED this nail polish. That is when my real hunt started

Also, how unique is this colour? It's not like anything I've ever seen before. It is a beautiful grayish purple. I find that in the sunlight (like in the picture above), the purple is much more vibrant than it is indoors. Indoors it looks like a very gray purple (right now I am in my basement and it literally looks like a dark gray, no purple). I really love colours that change depending on the lighting, you don't get tired of them as fast because they look different depending on where you are. 

Now lets speak about the glitter in the polish. the glitter inside is silver, but with the polish on top of it, it looks like a purple toned silver. the glitter isn't big, but it is big enough to be considered glitter and not shimmer. It is not chunky either, when you touch your nail, there are not any bumps because of the glitter. I find it gives an effect that is not achievable by putting a coat of glitter on top of a polish, the fact that it is mixed inside just makes it so unique.

Last but not least, the opacity of the polish. I felt like the first coat was very sheer. After applying it I thought I would need 7 more coats to make it opaque. After the second, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was almost opaque. All I needed was third coat to top it off. I think the logic of the sheerness of this polish is so you can see the glitter underneath. If it wasn't so sheer, it wouldn't be the same.

I also wanted to mention that this polish dried extremely fast, which is great because I wanted to go to bed right after. I'm truly happy about this polish and the brand (it was my first Butter London polish ever!!) I am definitely going to buy more Butter London polishes because clearly this brand knows how to be original!

0 comments:

Post a Comment