Mar 26, 2011

Falsies Fail


Want to find out why I'm just not that into the mascara of the moment?

Falsies hurts my eyes. It literally hurts my eyes like someone decided to poke them out. I bought the Maybelline Falsies Black Drama, which is pretty much the blackest black they have for this mascara. The brush is the same, the formula is the same, it is just marketed under a different name and colour.

One thing I absolutely hate about this product is the brush. No, not the curve or the size, but the fact that the bristles just fall off. Recently, after putting on my makeup, I would always feel like there was a lash in my eye, ALWAYS. I would hastle to get it out of my eye, basically ruining all my makeup because the mascara would go all over my face. I found it abnormal that I always lost lashes after the application of the mascara, I though the mascara was causing my lashes to fall off, which would be horrible. I finally took a close look at the mascara brush & realized that I was wrong, my lashes werent falling off, but the bristles of my brush were. Maybe it was a malfunction and not all brushes are like that, but to be honest, I never want to buy Falsies ever again. When I think of it, I just rememeber myself picking at my eye, which I absolutely hate doing (I would not be able to wear contacts). 

Can you see the bristles that are falling off the brush?


Now to the second problem, the formula. I do not find that it is a dry formula what so ever, but ever since my first application, little pieces of the mascara fall off my lashes and go into my eye while it is drying. This just makes me have to take them out of my eyes or else they would get irritated. It's not like I put many coats, only one or two, nothing more.

One thing I have got to give to Falsies is that it makes me lashes so plush. If it wasn't for my two previous problems, it would be my second favourite mascara, after l'Oreal Voluminous. I understand why people rave about it, but I personally can't deal with these problems, they make me go crazy.

And I don't want to sound like I am bashing Maybelline. To be honest, this is the only Maybelline product that I own that has ever disappointed me. Maybelline is by far my favourite drugstore brand and I could only rave about all their other products!

Hopefully, these two problems were just malfunctions from the specific mascara bottle I had. Hopefully, if you try it, you won't have such a bad experiment like I did.

0 comments:

Post a Comment