May 14, 2011

Crazy About Corals - Cheeks


Oh, how I love blushes. Recently, I have been abnormally obsessed with blushes. It is one of my favourite beauty products to purchase. Whether they are creme or mouse or powder I love them! And I especially love coral blushes!

If you want to see my favourite coral blushes, READ MORE!!!!


Cream Blushes

Bobbi Brown - Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks - Cabo Coral

This is my favourite blush ever. Everything about it is amazing: the formula, the finish, the colour, etc... This colour might be a little, but it is easy to apply only a little of this product. I like to wear this year long!

I use a stippling brush to apply it to the apples of my cheeks. This explains why there are holes in my blush. No its not a mousse texture at all. I used my finger to smooth out the middle of the blush to show you its natural texture, its just a creme!

I wrote a blog post about this Pot Rouge in the past. If you're interested in more information CLICK HERE!


Maybelline - Dream Mousse Blush - Peach Satin

So this is a mousse and not a creme, but if I had to pick a category (between creme & powder) I would say it's a creme.

This is such a great product to have, it's inexpensive and really good quality. It gives a very nice glow to you cheeks with a little bit of shimmer. It is definitely the ideal summer blush. Just look at that peachy pink colour!

I always apply it with my fingers (I never tried it any other way). It blends super easily, just be careful no to put to much. Build it up slowly so you don't look like a clown full of coral and shimmer on your cheeks!

I know Maybelline has been discontinuing many products from their Dream Mouse line, but I'm pretty sure this one is staying because everyone loves it!


N.Y.C. - Blushable Creme Stick - Plaza Pink

These creme sticks by N.Y.C. are brand new. I've noticed that N.Y.C. has been incorportating many new interesting products to their brand, which I think is great.

I remember when N.Y.C. use to be all at about $1. Sure, it's fun to have inexpensive products, but I rather spend a bit more for something that is actually usable. This creme stick was between $3 and $4, but totally worth its price.

This particular one is a beautiful coral pink, almost the same pink as the Maybelline Dream Mousse blush, but more opaque. Yes, it's very opaque when you apply it to your cheeks, so you have to work with it. At least it blends easily and gives a very nice matte glow to your cheeks!

 
 Swatches of the cream blushes.



Powder Blushes


E.L.F. - Studio Blush - Candid Coral

E.L.F. Studio Blushes are amazing and my goal in life is to own all of their colours (kind of a sad goal, no?).

This was the first coral blush I'd ever owned and is in the top 3 of my favourite blushes! It is a very orange pink (wow I feel like I'm constantly repeating myself!!).

If you look at the actual blush, you will notice a lot of shimmer, but I find it doesn't really end up looking shimmery on your cheeks. I also love the packaging of these, they look like Nars containers, they are compact and solid, great quality. All this for $3, who are you kidding?



E.L.F. - Studio Blush - Peachy Keen

Another E.L.F. studio blush! This colour is very different from the previous one. I find on the skin, it looks like a coral nude and not a pink toned coral. I find that applied alone it is hard to see the blush, but it is nice to put over a creme blush to set it.

I guess if you're looking for a very nude peachy colour than you'll love this. If your very pale you can probably see this on your skin if you use it as a blush (though I am pretty pale..). If you have darker skin, maybe this will be great as a summery highlight for your cheekbones!



MAC - Blush - Style

My favourite MAC blush, and my second favourite blush (after Bobbi Brown and before E.L.F. Candid Coral).

When I bought this, I was a little unsure about it because it is a pretty scary colour to look at. It is as if a bright pink and an orange were mixed. Yet, I still heard the blush call my name and I had to try it!

It doesn't end up looking as crazy on you cheeks as it does in the pan. But you do have to be comfortable with orange coloured blush to like this one. If you are, than go to a MAC store and ask the makeup artist to put it one, chances are you will fall in love with it like I did!

MAC - Wonder Woman Blush - Mighty Aphrodite

Finally, the lovely Mighty Aphrodite from the Wonder Woman collection. It comes with two coloured blushes, the Coral one and a brighter pink. I will be talking about the coral.

This is much more wearable than all the other blushes I mentioned previously. It is more on the pink side than any of the other ones, but there is definitely some coral in there.

This blush is more expensive than regular blushes sold at MAC but they are also larger (as large as their bronzers). I still see the collection at my local MAC stores, so hopefully if your interested in this colour you could still get your hands on it!

 
Swatches of all the powder blushes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment