May 27, 2011

Marble Nails: China Glaze's Bahamian Escape & First Mate

 

WOW, I am very impressed by the results of these nails! I've tried marbling twice in the past, which both ended in extreme failures. Finally I have succeeded!

I really wanted to have blue nails, so I used a sky blue and a dark creme blue. In water marbling I've noticed that the best brand to use is China Glaze, it speeds into the water perfectly. I'd suggest to test out the colours you want to use before the process because sometimes polishes just don't want to work. 

If you don't know what water marbling is, I'd strongly suggest you check out a tutorial on Youtube, there are hundreds. I find actually seeing the entire process is so much more educative than looking at pictures. 

No, I wasn't able to create perfect marbling. Sometimes I would tape over a nail or create a dent, but nothing compared to the fails I've had in the past! I tried to retouch my nails to make them look normal. 

Now that I am actually able to do water marbling, I am looking forward to trying to use more than two colours in the nails.

 China Glaze - Bahamian Escape
From the Blues collection
 
 China Glaze - First Mate
From the Anchors Away Collection

0 comments:

Post a Comment